Skip Navigation LinksFAQ

Q. How do I acquire an application for a Police Officer position?

A. Call Chief Maher at (305) 865-4121 for position availability information. Indian Creek Village Public Safety Department is an Equal Opportunity Employer.

Q. What can I do about speeding vessels or vehicles?

A. The desk officer at (305) 866-2446 and he/she will record your complaint. Be sure to gather as much information about the violator(s) as possible so that the ICVPSD will be better able to coordinate a response.

Q. What is the Semi-Automatic External Defibrillator?

A. Early defibrillation may be the most important link in the chain of survival for the cardiac arrest patient. The Semi-Automatic External Defibrillator delivers an electric shock to help the heart reorganize its electrical activity and restore its regular rhythms. Studies of communities, which have initiated early defibrillation programs, reveal dramatically improved cardiac arrest survival rates. The ICVPSD patrol vehicles and vessels are outfitted with Semi-Automatic Defibrillators.

Q. How is my 911 call processed?

A. The Metro-Dade Police Department dispatch center receives the call and transfers the information to the Indian Creek Village Public Safety Department via the radio. The enhanced 911 system allows the dispatcher to retrieve the number and address information from the computer if the caller is disconnected from the call taker.

Q. What are the Indian Creek Village Public Safety Department Marine Patrol jurisdiction boundaries?

A. The ICVPSD entered into a unique partnership with Miami-Dade, Bal Harbor and Bay Harbor Islands Police Departments, creating the Joint Marine Protection Area (JMPA). The JMPA extends West to the Intracoastal Waterway and North to the center of Haulover Inlet. The ICVPSD is committed to manatee protection through education and enforcement of applicable statutes. In the area of boater safety, the Marine Unit has responded to both the proliferation of personal watercrafts and to the increase in the number of juvenile vessel operators.

Q. What are the vessel operating requirements for children?

A. Effective October 1, 1996, Florida law requires that any person 21 years of age or younger must have in their possession a Boater Safety I.D. Card accompanied with a photo I.D. when operating a vessel.

Q. What are the rules for operating a personal watercraft?

A. The same "rules of the road" apply to all vessels. On a personal watercraft you must also adhere to the following laws:

All persons riding on, or being towed behind a PWC must wear a Coast Guard approved personal floatation device. 
The operator must utilize the engine cutoff switch by attaching the lanyard to his person. 
No personal watercraft may be operated between sunset and sunrise. 
You must be 14 years of age to operate any personal watercraft when accompaned by anyone 18 years of age or older. 
Weaving through congested vessel traffic, jumping the wake of another vessel, and swerving at the last possible moment to avoid a collision are prohibited.